Hope Church started in 1964 to reach the local housing estate (and was originally called Carreg Llwyd Church). Since then the area has grown and so have we! We have now developed a wider vision for Oswestry and the surrounding villages and have gained a reputation for starting long-lasting organisations that benefit the town and surrounding areas. We are now looking to move to a more central location in the centre of Oswestry.
Over the years we have started, or been involved in, starting new initiatives that have made a real difference to Oswestry.
- Foodbank helping people in crisis in Oswestry and the boarders and is part of the Trussell Trust. More recently we now also help run IT and Job clubs with them.
- Cabin Lane Church which has now been operating for 20 years in Oswestry.
- Oswestry Christian Bookshop provides access to bibles and Christian resources on a daily basis and was initially one day a week at a local market.
- Kingswell Charity provided youth and community services in Oswestry for 27 years, running three youth clubs a week, as well as regular camps and holiday clubs. It was closed in 2012 when the building lease ran out.
- Reviive the furniture restorer which offers a range of quality re-used home furnishings for those with limited budgets.